Monday, December 12, 2011

Phil Edwards Models x 2 ~ Early 60's & Early 90's

I have owned the late-80's, early 90's Phil Edwards Model for several years.  It has always been one of my favorite boards.  I had often dreamed of somehow, someday acquiring a pristine early-60's model to go with it.  By agreeing to take another precious board of mine in trade for this original Hobie, Phil Edwards Model my Brother-from-another-Mother, Francesco Di Tommaso made my dream come true (it's a long story).
I am truly grateful F.D.   They make a great photo together.
Top: 9'-8" P.E. Model shaped late 80's or early 90's.     Bottom: 10', early 1960's P.E. Model 

 The early board has the solid-ash, Reverse D fin, standard to the model.  The late model board has a fin box, as did most.  The reverse D box fin is one based on Phil's original template that I made for the board.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How to Build Hollow Wood Surfboard SUP Surfboard Kit Surfboard ...
Start building your own Hollow Wood Stand Up Paddle Board or Surfboard TODAY!
http://clickmeterlink.com/woodensurfboardplans